5 Things You Can Do Right Now to Get Out of a “Funk”
I may earn money or products from links or companies mentioned in this post. For more details please see my disclosure.
It is the middle of January and I have been having a rough start to 2019.
I haven’t found another word for it, except I have been feeling in a “funk”.
I know you have been there.
That is one of the many great things about women. When I have shared this feeling with my tribe, all of them have jumped in and said, “it’s ok mama, I have been there too”.
Although we are great at saying, oh yes I have been there, we aren’t often great at sharing or reaching out.
For example, did you know that I haven’t posted on my instagram in over two weeks?
I adore social media. I have connected with some incredible women and have been provided some amazing opportunities I would never have had without it. I love #celebratingrandomly on social media each month and even sharing the mundane with you.
So completely shutting down is a little unusual for me. I have felt that anything I wanted to share wasn’t appropriate for other parties involved or posting something cheerful and encouraging felt inauthentic as that is not how I have been feeling.
I have to tell you that I am not “officially” out of my “funk” but here are few things that have been helping me each day to move forward.
- Invite someone over. Hear me out. My introverted self is jumping up and down screaming “No!! I just want to be alone.” Push her to the side and invite a friend over. It will motivate you to get up, get moving and maybe even pick up your house a tiny bit. But the best part is having that friend remind you that you are loved and everything will be ok.
- Change your environment. Open the windows, light a candle, turn on some uplifting music, clear your countertops. You don’t need to go all #konmarie but clearing your space can make you feel a little lighter.
- Get outside. I know you you will have to get out of your pajamas, but believe me this is a good thing. Fresh air and sunshine can do incredible things.
- Serve. I have found that serving another person, whether it big or small, helps me move forward. Having my 52 meals project has been life giving these past few weeks.
- Can’t get someone to your house soon? Call a friend. Sharing your feelings with someone you trust can make a world of difference.
Its been a rough few weeks but I see light. If you might be off to a rough start, let me know over in my facebook group. This year I will be spending more time here and want it to be a place of encouragement, inspiration and sharing the ups and downs of life together, especially the good stuff. See you there!